The In-Demand Skills- Employer job offer stream is one of the programs of the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). This stream gives an opportunity to foreign workers who have a job offer in specific in-demand occupations to nominate for Ontario permanent resident. This stream is for foreign worker who works out of Canada. The minimum score required for In-Demand Skills- Employer job offer stream is 67 points out of 100.
Applicants must have the following conditions:
1-Have at least 1 year of work experience in Ontario, in the same in-demand occupation (same NOC code) as your job offer. This work experience must be obtained within 3 years before the application is registered.
2- Have a valid license or other authorization (if applicable)
3-Have a language proficiency level CLB 4 or more. The application time should not exceed 2 years from the end date of the test.
Acceptable English tests:
Acceptable French tests:
- TEF Canada
- TCF Canada
4-Have a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or credential, or its equivalent in another country. If you have got your degree from outside of Canada, you need to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to prove your degree is equivalent to a Canadian secondary school diploma.
5- You must have the financial ability to live in Ontario.
6- You must have an intention to live in Ontario. After you have received permanent residence, you must live in Ontario. The Ontario government specifies this by checking:
- Working in Ontario or have a job there
- Getting job offer or applying for jobs
- leasing or owning property
- Having family relationships in Ontario
7- When you apply, you must have legal status in Canada (a visitor record, study permit, or work permit).
8- Payment of the application:
- $ 1,500 if a job offer is outside Toronto.
- $ 2,000 if the job offer is in the Toronto area (Toronto, Durham, Halton, York, and Pill)
You must pay this cost by credit card. Only VISA or MasterCard is accepted. The fee will be refunded only if the request is incomplete or you have withdrawn your application before start of evaluation process. If your request fails, the fee will not be refunded.
The job offer requirements are as follows:
1- The job offer must be full time, permanent and on behalf of an employer in Ontario. (A permanent job offer means that the work must have no end date.)
2- The job offer must be in level C or D of the NOC. These occupations are:
- NOC 7441 – residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 7521 – heavy equipment operators (except crane)
- NOC 7611 – construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 8431 – general farm workers
- NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers
- NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers
- NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- The job offer should have equal or more than the low wage level of the jobs in that area. If you are currently working, the proposed job salary should be greater than your current salary.
- The job offer must be similar with the current business of the employer and must be necessary to your employer’s business.
- The applicant and his family should not own or hold more than 10% of the business that applying for it.