The Alberta Opportunity stream has been replaced instead of two streams such as Employer-Driven and Strategic Recruitment in the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program. This stream has been developed to accelerate the process of attracting immigrants. Applicants will be evaluated by the AINP calculator points.
|Master s level or professional degree. Occupation-related to the degree must be:|
• NOC 2016 Skill Level A, and • licensed by a provincial regulatory body Also,
Degree program must be in one of the following academic disciplines:
Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law,
Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.
|Two or more post-secondary credentials,|
one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential
|Three-year or longer post-secondary credential||21|
|Two-year post-secondary credential||19|
|One-year post-secondary credential||15|
|Secondary school/high school diploma||5|
|First Official Language||Speaking||Listening||Reading||Writing||pts/ability|
|IELTS or CLB 4||4||4.5||3.5||4||5|
|Second Official Language||Speaking||Listening||Reading||Writing||pts/ability|
|IELTS or CLB 5||5||5||4||5||4|
|9 years or more||15|
|47 or more||0|
|Arranged employment in Alberta Province||Points|
|Is currently working in Canada on an LMIA-based work permit and his or her work in Canada is considered "skilled" (NOC 0, A, or B level).||10|
|Is currently working in Canada on an LMIA-exempt work permit or a work permit issued under a provincial/territorial agreement.||10|
|Does not hold a valid work permit and is not authorized to work in Canada.||10|
|Holds a valid work permit or is otherwise authorized to work in Canada, but does not fall under one of the two above scenarios.||10|
|PA previous work in Canada (minimum 1 year NOC 0, A, B)||10|
|Previous study in Canada||5|
|Previous study in Canada - accompanying spouse/partner||5|
|Previous work in Canada - accompanying spouse/partner||5|
|Arranged employment in Canada||5|
|Relative in Canada - 18 years or older||5|
|Language ability CLB 4 or above - accompanying spouse/partner (IELTS 4.0/4.5/3.5/4.0)||5|
|Maximum Total Points||100|
The Alberta Opportunity Applicants must have the following conditions:
- Have a valid temporary resident status in Canada that authorizes them to work (Have a valid work permit or post-graduate work permit).
- Have work experience in jobs at Level 0, A or B NOC in Alberta.
- Have a minimum English or French language proficiency of CLB 4 for the majority of NOC codes and CLB 7 for NOC Code 3413 (Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates). From January 1, 2020, the language proficiency of CLB 5 will be required for jobs at level 0, A or B NOC.
- have completed minimum high school education in your country of origin.
- Within the last 18 months, have at least 12 months of full-time work experience in his/ her current job in Alberta, or have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada or outside of Canada in the last 30 months.
- If you have a post-graduate work permit, you must have a full-time work experience of over last 18 months in Alberta. The occupation must be related to your studies.