This pathway is for applicants who want to open and operate a farm in one of Manitoba’s villages. For candidates, a temporary work permit is issued initially. Applicants must earn at least 60 points from the Manitoba Immigration Program scoring system to become Manitoba’s permanent resident. They will be nominated for permanent residence after they are invited to meet to determine the terms of the Business Performance Agreement.
|Maximum Points- Age||15|
|Business Owner and manager (more than 50% ownership)||15|
|Business Owner and manager (20% to 50% ownership)||12|
|Maximum Points- Business Knowledge||15|
|10 years or more||15|
|Above 6 to 10 years||10|
|Above 3 to 6 years||5|
|Maximum Points- Business Experience||15|
|Over $2.5 Million||15|
|Above $2 Million to $2.5 Million||14|
|Above $1.5 Million to $2 Million||13|
|Above $1 Million to $1.5 Million||12|
|Above $500,000 to $1 Million||10|
|$350,000 to $500,000||8|
|Maximum Points- Net Worth||15|
|English and/or French Fluency (CLB/NCLC or equivalent test scores)||Points|
|Less than 4||0|
|Maximum Points- Language||20|
|The applicant has visited Manitoba for at least five working days and conducted relevant business and lifestyle-related research||15|
|The applicant's spouse has a high language proficiency (CLB score of 5 or above)||10|
|The applicant has a close relative currently residing in Manitoba for more than one year||5|
|The applicant's child is enrolled in an accredited Manitoba educational institution at least six months prior to the date of submission of Nomination Application and is actively pursuing academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis.||5|
|The applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has completed a program of full-time study of at least one year at a post-secondary institution in Manitoba. This must have been done after turning 17 years old and with a valid study permit. |
The applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has completed at least six months of continuous full time employment in Manitoba. The applicant must provide a letter of reference from his/her employer and a copy of his/her work permit.
|Maximum Points- Settlement||20|
Farm Investor must have the following conditions:
- Have at least 3 years farm ownership and operation experience supported by verifiable documents.
- At the time of the interview, you should be able to speak French and English.
- Investment at least $ 300,000
- Farm Business Plan is required.
- You must have a business research visit to Manitoba.
- You must demonstrate the practical skills of farming, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry.
- Having at least $ 500,000. Your net worth will be assessed by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP. A verification report, along with your application, must be sent to MPNP within 120 days of receiving your letter of advice to apply.