Human Capital Priorities – Ontario’s Express Entry
The Human Capital Priorities stream is one of the ways for immigration to Ontario under the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). This stream allows foreign workers with language proficiency, work expertise, and sufficient education to get permanent residence of Ontario. You must first create a profile on the federal Express Entry system and then apply for Ontario’s Express Entry. If you are approved by Ontario, you will receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario. You must first get the minimum required score for the Federal Express Entry and then obtain at least 67 points out of 100 to become eligible for permanent residence of Ontario.
Applicants must have the following conditions:
- You must decide which of the two federal programs you would like to be assessed against:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: If you want to apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you must have at least 1 year of work experience over the past 5 years in one of the occupations level 0, A or B of National Occupational Classification (NOC). This work experience can be obtained either inside or outside of Canada.
- Canadian Experience Class: If you want to apply through the Canadian Experience Class, you must have at least 1 year of work experience over the past 3 years in one of the occupations level 0, A or B of the National Occupational Classification(NOC). This work experience must be obtained in Canada legally.
2- You must have bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from Canada or outside of Canada. If you have obtained your degree from outside Canada, you need to have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report to prove your degree is equivalent to Canadian degree.
3- have an English or French ability of CLB 7 or better
Acceptable English tests:
- IELTS (General Training test only)
- CELPIP (General Training test only)
Acceptable French tests:
- TEF Canada
- TCF Canada
4- You must have the financial ability to live in Ontario
5- You must have an intention to live in Ontario. After you have received permanent residence, you must live in Ontario. The Ontario government specifies this by checking:
- Working in Ontario or have a job there
- Getting job offer or applying for jobs
- leasing or owning property
- Having family relationships in Ontario
6- When you apply, you must have legal status in Canada (a visitor record, study permit, or work permit).
7- Pay the application fee that is $1,500
You must pay this cost by credit card. Only VISA or MasterCard is accepted. The fee will be refunded only if the request is incomplete or you have withdrawn your application before start of evaluation process. If your request fails, the fee will not be refunded.