This stream is for international Graduate who have graduated from a Canadian university or college over the past three years. To qualify for admission, applicants are not required to have previous work experience, but must have received a job offer from one of the British Columbia employers. The minimum required score for Skilled Immigration- International Graduate is 105 out of 200 points.
Applicants for this stream, in addition to having general requirements of Skilled Immigration, must also:
1- Having a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada
- The certificate must be from a public post-secondary institution in Canada. Certificate from private institutions is not accepted.
- The minimum duration of the diploma course must be eight months (excluding co-op work terms, practicums and internships).
- Having an offer of indeterminate, full-time employment that typically requires a university or college education at a wage that meets industry standards from an eligible B.C. employer.
- This offer must be classified as Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
|Information systems managers, construction managers, directors of operations||Management jobs.||Skill Type 0 (zero)|
|Doctors, engineers, architects||Professional jobs.|
People usually need a degree from a university for these jobs.
|Skill Level A|
|Chefs, electricians, plumbers||Technical jobs and skilled trades.|
People usually need a college diploma or to train as an apprentice to do these jobs.
|Skill Level B|
|Long-haul truck drivers, butchers, food and beverage servers||Intermediate jobs.|
These jobs usually need high school and/or job specific training.
|Skill Level C|
|Cleaning staff, oil field workers, fruit pickers||Labour jobs.|
On-the-job training is usually given.
|Skill Level D|
- Having a written job offer for employment by the employer:
- Signed and dated by an employee or company authorized to hire employees
- Signed and dated by you that you have accepted the job offer
- Ability to prove the minimum income and subsistence and to pay for living expenses in the British Columbia province using one of the following:
- Annual wage in British Columbia
- location of residence in British Columbia
- Minimum income according to the number of dependents
|Size of Family||Greater Vancouver Regional District||Rest of B.C.|
- Language skills according General Requirements of skilled immigration. Click here to see the score of other tests adopting to 4 CLB.